The Spielberg titles on Blu just keep coming! Paramount Home Media Distribution will bring the Oscar-nominated hit, Catch Me If You Can, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks, to Blu-ray December 4, 2012.
On a modest $52 million budget, the film, based on the extraordinary true story of Frank Abagale Jr, a young man who forged checks and posed as an airline pilot, a doctor and a lawyer, grossed over $350 million worldwide.
Catch Me If You Can will come to Blu-ray with a digital remastered 1080p hi-def presentation, mixed in English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital with English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. Extras will be ported over from the original two-disc DVD set. Goodies include the following:
- Catch Me If You Can: Behind the Camera
- Catch Me If You Can: The Casting of the Film:
– Leonardo DiCaprio as “Frank Abagnale, Jr.”
– Tom Hanks as “Carl Hanratty”
– Frank’s Parents: Christopher Walken and Nathalie Baye
– The Strong Family: Martin Sheen and Amy Adams
– Jennifer Garner as “Cheryl Ann”
- Scoring: Catch Me If You Can
- Frank Abagnale: Between Reality and Fiction:
– Meet Frank Abagnale
– Frank Becomes a Pilot
– Frank’s Careers
– Frank Gets Caught and Turns His Life Around
- The FBI Perspective
- Catch Me If You Can: In Closing
- Photo Galleries:
– Costume Design
Suggested retail for the Blu-ray is set at $22.98. You can pre-order the film on Amazon for $16.98.
Be on the lookout for a review of Catch Me If You Can in December! And hopefully this announcement means Paramount is only a few months away from releasing Munich on Blu-ray. Fingers crossed.
"Do you realize how many great advancements of mankind have been tied to speed? This is a moment in history, right here, right now." Become a friend of R.L. Shaffer on Twitter, Facebook or MyIGN for quotes, rants, reviews, news and more!
Source : feeds[dot]ign[dot]com